Image of the Week

Image of the Week
Image of the Week: Set still from 'The Last Supper', actor sitting behind light scrim.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Creative Block?

As is my usual routine of easing into my week on Monday mornings, I cruise various different industry sites and blogs over a rather large cup of very hot coffee. This morning's journey led me to the blog of another photographer based out of Buffalo, NY, Luke Copping (a commercial and editorial shooter and purported all around nice guy).

The post consists of responses from various creative minds as to how they work through creative blocks. Very interesting read, check it out here.

Me? I have a bookmarked list of various photographer's on line portfolios that I retreat to whenever I'm feeling creatively vapid. Platon, Chris Buck (a fine Canadian fellow), Albert Kahn (going back a ways here) and a local genius Wayne Hoecherl are a few standouts on my 'Inspiration' list. Poking through a few of these sites never fails to jump start my creative mindset.

I'd dig on reading your solutions for breaking through the dreaded creative wall, just fire 'em into a comment at the bottom, there. Most original solution wins a Coke!

Original 'Term-of-the-Week' from one of the comments on Luke's blog:

                         gear-whoring

No comments:

Post a Comment