Image of the Week

Image of the Week
Image of the Week: Set still from 'The Last Supper', actor sitting behind light scrim.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Instructorial Debut...

For the first time in my career, in my life actually, I got excited about, wrote and presented a seminar at Vancouver Photo Workshops, a seminar covering various points on how to run a successful commercial photography business.

Everyone is aware of the general apprehension to public speaking that pretty much every human on the planet suffers from, myself included. For some reason I never felt nervous immediately prior to or during the presentation. I did have the 'Who am I to be presenting this material?' thoughts prior to writing the material for the big show. I kept telling myself that 'Someone has to get this info out there!' though and persevered.

We experienced a projector malfunction toward the end of the last class and I wasn't able to post my list of thank-you's to the people who donated time and information to the seminar. Here is the list:

Thanks to the following people & associations for the
information shared this weekend:

David Ellingsen, Photographer
www.davidellingsen.com

Jennifer A. Marles, Intellectual Property/Copyright Lawyer
Oyen Wiggs Green & Mutala LLP
Intellectual Property Lawyers

Barry M. Robinson, Photographer
www.barrymrobinson.com

Leslie Burns Dell'Acqua, Photographer's Consultant
www.burnsautoparts.com

Selina Maitreya, Photographer's Consultant
www.1portauthority.com

Elyse Weissberg, Photographer's Representative

Canadian Association of Photographers & Illustrators in Communications (CAPIC)
www.capic.org

American Society of Media Photographers (ASMP)
www.asmp.org

I hope that I was able to open a few eyes and minds as to the value of the medium I work in and love. It's the duty of every photographer to pass along information to the up-and-coming shooters out there. They're going to get their info from somewhere, let's make sure they're getting the proper information from reputable sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment